Here’s everything you need to know:
–Name: Ashley, but my sister calls me Crash (hence the name of this blog)
–Where am I at in the world?: I’m one of those people that says they’re from Chicago and has all the Chicago pride but in reality lives in the suburbs. However, I like to argue that my particular suburb and frequent trips to the city are close enough to qualify me as an honorary Chicagoan. Right now though, I can be found in Canterbury, England.
–England? What am I doing there?: Well, I have the good fortune of being able to study abroad here for the entire school year! That’s why there’s so many tips about studying abroad on here.
–So why’d I start this blog anyway?: Several reasons:
- I’ve always wanted to write a blog, I just never knew what to write about. I needed one for an online class I’m taking, so I figured that was incentive enough to get one started. As for the subject matter, I’ve been given a great opportunity to travel and live in Europe for a year. Seemed like a pretty good thing to write about to me.
- When looking into stuff for my study abroad experience, I found that blogs written by people who had actually studied abroad were the biggest asset to me. However, I did notice that a lot of what I could find was geared more towards people studying only for a semester (since not as many are crazy enough to study abroad for the full year). It’s been a lot of trial and error while getting ready for an experience like this. I figure if my experiences and what I’ve found that works (or doesn’t) can help someone else trying to figure it all out, then I should definitely try to be a resource for others as much as possible!
- It’s a great way for my family and friends back in the States to see what I’ve been up to (hi Mom!)
- I just really like talking about myself.
–So now that we know why I’m here, what exactly is this blog about?: It’s about everything, really. I don’t want to label it as one thing and limit it to being just that because that’s boring. I will post a lot about my travels and my study abroad, but I don’t want this to just be a study abroad or travel blog. I’ll probably post some about the things I wear, but I definitely don’t want to call myself a fashion blog (I’m really not trendy like that). I’ll definitely be talking about the (mass amounts of) things that I eat, but I’m not a foodie blog.
In short, I guess the best way to describe it is this is a blog about life. My life, in particular.
–If I’m “studying” abroad, what is it I’m studying?: Journalism with a focus in Public Relations with a second concentration in Marketing. That’s basically a complicated way of saying I’m studying how people communicate with one another in various different ways. That’s also why you’ll sometimes see posts about communications, marketing, or PR on this blog (it’s mostly for my online class)
–Favorite color: Blue. I’m also quite fond of forest green.
–Favorite song: It changes constantly. But I will say that Robbers by The 1975, Blank Space and Clean by Taylor Swift, A.M. by One Direction, and The Way You Look Tonight by Frank Sinatra are rarely ever skipped.
–Who’s the best Batman?: Christian Bale, duh.
–Favorite food: Cake. All kinds. It’s the one food I’m never picky about.
– Favorite place I’ve ever been: As of right now, it’s Paris and Boston. But I’m sure the more I see the more that will change.
–Dumbest thing I’ve ever done: Did you miss the part where I crashed my mom’s car into my house?
–Other social media:
If there’s anything else you want to know, or a particular topic you’d like me to explore, feel free to let me know. I don’t bite (unless you happen to be a cupcake).